PlayShifu, the Augmented Reality (AR) toy company teaching foundational STEAM skills through physical and digital play, has launched new products at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2020 in Las Vegas. The new products include Shifu Tacto, three new gaming kits for Shifu Plugo and a whole new experience of its popular AR globe, Shifu Orboot, with two new planets to explore.
PlayShifu is trying to revolutionize the world of tomorrow by providing educational STEAM play experiences for the kids of today. As screen time continues to increase for children, the founders of PlayShifu – both parents – wanted to embrace technology as a part of their children’s development and make screen time more meaningful.
Shifu Orboot and Shifu Plugo, the brand’s top flagships, retain more active users for longer average periods of time beyond their purchase date compared to similar products.
PlayShifu has three flagship AR gaming experiences:
- NEW: Shifu Tacto: turns any tablet into an interactive board game
- Shifu Plugo:AR gaming system building STEAM skills through story-based challenges
- Shifu Orboot: AR-based planets to discover new eras, places, cultures and more
Shifu Tacto (Expected Launch in India – June 2020)
PlayShifu’s latest product line turns any tablet into an interactive board game through augmented interactions and tactile play. Shifu Tacto enables a live connection between figurines and a digital display, combining the skills of classic board games with animated content following each move a player makes. There are three different gaming sets to choose from, and each one comes with one playboard and one companion app. Gaming sets include:
- Tacto Elements (Ages 7-12): unravel the basics of chemistry hands-on
- Tacto Laser (Ages 7-12): develop analytical thinking, creativity and spatial reasoning on interplanetary missions
- Tacto Quest (Ages 4-12): solve problems and use analytical thinking to navigate quests
The products will be available at Rs 3499 per gaming set
Shifu Plugo (Launched in India – January 2020)
Shifu Plugo is an AR-powered gaming system that consists of one gamepad, numerous interchangeable gaming kits and one companion app. Each gaming kit offers age-adaptive educational games and builds STEAM disciplines through story-based challenges.
- NEW: Plugo Tunes (Ages 4-10): increase musical intelligence, persistence and creativity while learning to play piano through color association
- NEW: Plugo Slingshot (Ages 4-10): boost physics skills with an AR-powered slingshot
- NEW: Plugo Letters (Ages 4-10): improve language, storytelling and comprehension with exciting word games and fun, hands-on play
The products will be available at Rs 2499 per gaming kit
Shifu Orboot (Expected Launch in India – April 2020)
Shifu Orboot is perfect for homeschoolers, classrooms and parents to teach kids about planets through interactive experiences. Using a touchscreen device, kids explore a physical globe through visual storytelling, music and voice interactions and in-app quizzes and challenges. Powered by the Orboot app, available in eight languages, Shifu Orboot comes with one base, one companion app and offers two new interchangeable planets, including:
- NEW: World of Dinosaurs (Ages 4+): dive into the prehistoric world to learn about more than 50 dinosaurs
- NEW: Planet Mars (Ages 7+): get to know the space missions and rovers traversing Mars
The products will be available at Rs 2499 per globe
“As we enter a new decade, PlayShifu’s latest toys will continue to positively integrate physical and digital play to develop foundational learning skills,” said Vivek Goyal, CEO of PlayShifu. “Whether your child is discovering new cultures around the world or learning physics using a catapult, our toys use the benefits of modern technology combined with tactile play to enhance the STEAM learning experience.”