The launch of AI Digital labs in the country has been confirmed by the Tech Giant Microsoft on Thursday. This launch will be in collaboration with 10 higher education institutions including ISB and BITS Pilani. Microsoft reportedly said, the selected institutions will be supported by Microsoft with curriculum, content and infrastructure, access to cloud and AI services as well as a developer support.
Benefits of the institutions by this partnership with Microsoft:
- This association between the colleges and the universities will end up enhancing the institutional set up with the educator’s capability and provide with educational choices which are relevant for students and guiding them through in acquiring the required skills.
- Anant Maheshwari, Microsoft India President, reportedly said that with AI tuning mainstream, organizations will need skill sets and talent which are quite different from how it is now. He considers educators and institutions integral to the skilling revolution which is finding its root in the country.
- According to him, proper technology, right curriculum and exact training can empower students to build India of Tomorrow.
- Maheshwari reportedly said, the faculty of the institutions will avail proper assistance in strategizing content and curriculum for learning which is experience and project based.
Institutions that have participated in this collaboration with Microsoft:
- BITS Pilani
- BML Munjal University
- KL University
- Periyar University
- Kalpataru Institute of Technology
- SVKM (NMIMS)
- Trident Academy of Technology
- Karunya University
- SRM Institute of Science and technology