The beauty of learning lies in its flexibility, adaptability, and innovation, to enhance faculty of imbibing and utilizing to an optimal level. With added technological intervention a paradigm shift is being noted in the terms of creating new avenues to quality education. Today, the emergence of new technologies on educational font has triggered elementary changes in shaping student approach towards learning and education.
Psychologists have stressed innumerably upon the importance of a strong foundation increasing the probability of positive outcomes in life. Early experiences and learning are known to produce a deeper impact on the framework of a maturing brain. It is critical to arm children with the right skill set and outlook to stay a cut above the rest in the increasingly competitive atmosphere. This is where Information and Communication Technology have a vital role to play.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has, of recent, garnered recommendations from scholars across the world. Incorporating this technique, student gain a well-rounded learning experience, uniformly gaining building blocks to own knowledge and applying these understandings in real-world circumstances. Studies reveal that creative inculcation of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in education facilitates the increase in retention and assimilation by enhancing teaching and providing additional learning tropes.
ICT creates a superior atmosphere for children to grasp on basic as well as complex concepts, leveraging technology to assist in uplifting the overall primary school atmosphere. Students who are consistently exposed to educational technology at primary levels , rapidly learn to harness self-esteem and self-confidence.
ICT is crucial for students of rural area owing to its platform-fluid nature. The lacking in educational materials is often solved through projections and video-conferencing. Lessons taught in all-encompassive mediums such as e-readers and tablets help in cutting down of expenditure on books and writing equipments, while being friendly to the ecology. Geographical and language barriers are overcome with easy incorporation of ICT in to the educational curriculum.
Here are other proactive benefits that cement the importance of ICT learning for young minds:
- It highlights the understanding of fundamental core concepts, aided by narrative learning and top-notch animation. Through ICT, images are utilized which improves the retentive memory of students
- Complex instructions can be easily explained, ensuring students’ comprehension of tricky lessons.
- The ICT methodology creates a wider space for interactive classes those results in lessons becoming enjoyable leading to improvement in concentration and engagement.
- Lessons can be tailored according to the strengths and weaknesses, enhancing the learning curve.
- A comprehensive record is maintained in the form of an electronic portfolio, which can lead to better inferences on cognitive studies, apart from adding immense value to the learning process.
- The use of ICT has a major influence on a student’s motivational capabilities as well. It is found that students express positive feelings towards work and education when they use technology to complete tasks, motivating them to learn.
The transition from traditional learning to tech-based education is inevitable and the sooner institutions realize it, the better it is for the young minds to progress.
By Mitsuyo Tamai, Kiwami, Japan