- Anveshan is among the most coveted research conventions organized by the Association of Indian Universities
- More than 200 participants & delegates from Universities across North India are participating
Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies (MRIIRS, formerly Manav Rachna International University) Hosts “Anveshan 2017-18 North Zone Student Research Convention” from February 26 & 27, 2018 at its campus. Anveshan is among the most coveted research conventions organized by the Association of Indian Universities every year.
The Convention was inaugurated today by Dr. Dinakar Kanjilal, Director, Inter-University Accelerator Centre and Dr. Amarendra Pani, Director, AIU in the presence of Dr. N C Wadhwa, VC, MRIIRS; Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, VC, MRU; Mr. Shivakumar Natarajan, CEO, Accendere Knowledge Management; Mr. Rishi Dwivedi, GM, SIDBI Faridabad and Heads of various Manav Rachna Educational Institutions. Dr. Pradeep Varshney is the Convenor for the North Zone Convention.
In his address Dr. Amarendra Pani said: “Envisaged as a zonal and national level competition, Anveshan acts as a platform for emerging researchers to express their ideas that can lead to innovative research initiatives. It also presents the research and innovation happening in the universities”.
While giving advice to all the young researchers at the Convention, Dr. Dinakar Kanjilal said: “Sustaining oneself on the path of excellence is a necessity in today’s times. A student may be able to come first, but to be able to sustain it in the longer run and keep up with the pace is far more important”.
Students from various Universities across North India have put by their projects in the exhibition around six key themes: Agriculture; Basic Sciences; Engineering & Technology; Health Sciences and Allied Subjects; Social Sciences, Humanities, Commerce and Law. Around 70 projects are on display at the exhibition. The research projects of the students will be judged on the basis of their display and their oral presentation. The winners of the North Zone will be declared during the valedictory session on February 27. The top three winning projects in each category will get a chance to participate in National level Anveshan-2018 which will be held in March 2018.
Dr. N C Wadhwa, VC, MRIIRS talked about the research and innovation eco-system at Manav Rachna. Very recently, ASSOCHAM has bestowed MRIIRS with the title: ‘Best Knowledge Creation & Innovation University’ ̶ a testimony to the research culture at the University.
The first day of Anveshan 2017-18 ended with a cultural program ‘Rubaroo’ presented by the students of Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies.
List of winners –
Engineering and Technology
- Tabish Imtiaz—Aligarh Muslim University
- Shivam Panwar— NDRI Karnal
- Vibhanshu—- Amity University, Haryana
Health & Science
- Pooja Jain & Manvi Singh— Jamia Hamdard
- Vipin Kumar— M.J.P Rohilkhand University, Bareilley, UP
- Nikhil Narula— MRDC, Pt. B.D Sharma University
Social Sciences, Humanities, Commerce & Law
- Siddharth Bhardwaj —Aligarh Muslim University
- Sanchit Sood & Shivani Khare — MRIIRS
- Tvishi Sharma & Priya Sudhanshu Sharma—Amity University, Noida
- Ankur Chaudhary— JP University, Solan
- Saniket Zagade— NDRI, Karnal
- Rohit Bhatia—Punjab Technical University
- Varishu & Vaibhav— Chitkara University, Punjab
- Zeeshan Ahmed— Aligarh Muslim University
- Jyoti Shunthwal— Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar